Cello events across Vancouver and the Lower Mainland.
MOUNTAINSIDE CHAMBER MUSIC
CELLO FOCUS (June 11-13, 2021) DYNAMICS OF PHRASING & EXPRESSION
What draws most students to the cello is its deep, rich & sonorous tone. A lot more goes into capturing the iconic cello sound than most people realize. Join Cellists, Jeff Faragher and Martin Kratky for 12 hours of instruction in exploring the crucial elements that go into capturing that desired rich tone. Over the 3 days, we will focus on the importance of “spot-on” intonation, appropriate application of vibrato, & bow technique. Registrants will experience plenty of hands-on practice through music selections ranging from exercises to cello group pieces. Sessions are arranged according to skill levels enabling each cellist to have their own needs addressed. Jeff & Martin will guide you through an enjoyable & enriching cello journey. For Adults & Youth (13+) at intermediate to Advanced skill level. We will not be accepting audits for this year.
CHAMBER STRINGS: (July 12-16, 2021) with cello instructors Jeff Faragher and Olivia Walsh and violin instructors Cvetozar Vutev and Martine den Bok. This intensive week -long chamber music camp is for String players wanting to enrich their music studies while playing w/ other enthusiastic musicians. Each Participant will be assigned to a small chamber group as well as playing in a larger ensemble (orchestra). Included in this stimulating camp package are daily rehearsals & sectionals w/ coaching, a private lesson, fabulous faculty performance & our final camp concert. NOTE: Chamber groups will be formed in advance to match skill levels based on your application. Advanced students who have registered in the program are encouraged to audition for the Vivaldi double concertos for cello (G minor) and violin (A minor). For more details please visit www.mountainsidechambermusic.com For Adults & Youth (13+) at intermediate to Advanced skill level. Suggested minimum RCM grade 6.
Please contact Sue if you have any questions or concerns by phone at 250-777-1704 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINES: Early Bird for Both Programs: April 23, 2021
Final for Chamber Strings: May 21, 2021
Final for Cello Focus & Audition: May 28, 2021
Mountainside Chamber Music is quite optimistic about running both Cello Focus and Chamber Strings adult (13+) programs this summer. In order to assure our participants are experiencing our camp as a safe and enriching environment, we will be adhering to the Covid -19 Government Guidelines that will be in place during the time frame that the camps are running and we are implementing the following MODIFICATIONS:
1. We are Limiting our Program Registration. CELLO FOCUS will have a maximum of 13 people (11 registrants and 2 instructors). CHAMBER STRINGS will have a maximum of 20 participants (4 instructors and 16 registrants). Due to our decision to limit the amount of people in the program, we will unfortunately be cancelling MINI MOUNTAINSIDE for Kids this summer.
2. We will utilize large spaces and be mindful of physical distancing and some of the venues may change and with options of outdoor sessions. Seating will be spaced accordingly.
3. Masks and face coverings will be followed according to the Covid-19 Government Mandates that are in place at the time of the programs.
4. Concerts: Depending upon the current Covid-19 Government guidelines in place at the time of each program will determine the size and location of the concerts (faculty and final Chamber Strings). Restricted audience sizes will be in place and possibly outdoor performances will be in order. We have secured a new venue for Cello Focus Sunday program this year and will not be using the Mountain Lakes Senior Home this summer.
5. We encourage people to register early and to take advantage of the early bird rates. There will be a limit to the program sizes so be sure to secure your space now. As mentioned previously, if for any reason the programs are not able to happen this year, all registrants will get the choice of a full refund or credit for 2022 programs.
Amateur Orchestra List
Vancouver Philharmonic Orchestra
Meets Wednesdays @ 7:30pm.
West Coast Symphony
Meets Thursdays @ 7:30pm.
A Little Night Music
No audition required.
Meets Mondays @ 7:30pm.
Meets Tuesday @ 7:30pm.
South Arm United Church, Richmond.